PE and Sports Premium
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Sports Premium 2019
Our School received £17,690 funding for Sports Premium
Funding contributed to improvement in provision and increased participation through:
- All year groups receive lessons from qualified Gymnastic and Dance coaches / practitioners
- Ensure key stage two pupils participated in Sporting Competitions regularly throughout the year: increased participated
- Key Stage One pupils particpate in Mutli sports events with other primary schools
- Pupils have an opportunitiy to perform their skills to an audience - Dance & Gymnastics
- After School sporting clubs run throughout the year in both Key stage one and two with qualified coaches
- Teachers training for Games and curriculum scheme of work purchased
- Sports leaders - pupil role
Sports Premium has supported us in achieving: The School Games Gold Award for the first time this year, a fantastic result after three consecutive years receiving a Bronze award!
The School Games Mark is a government led accreditation award scheme which rewards schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Participating in this process has allowed our school to evaluate PE provision and assist us in developing our 2019-20 action plan.
Our Aim in 2019-20 is to maintain school games Gold award - a challenge given the size of our school.
Our Rainbow target is to: increase further participation, competition, pupil leadership & club provision, new sport involvement and develop teaching links with our High School - Blessed William Howard