Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Understanding of the World
This half term in Fantasy World in Understanding of the World we will be looking at…
- Stories that might have happened in the past and looking at similarities and differences to our lives now.
- Looking at how we can draw information from simple maps- linked into our learning about special awareness/positional language in Maths.
- As part of Jack and the Beanstalk we will be planting beans and talking about how to care for them and watch how they change and grow.
- As part of The 3 Little Pigs we will be exploring different materials and their properties. We will be looking at the difference between natural and manmade materials.
- As part of Goldilocks and the 3 Bears we will be making porridge and looking at how it changes when it is cooked.
- As part of our learning about The Gingerbread Man we will be looking at the environment that The gingerbread ran through in the story. We will be looking closely at human and physical features.
-As part of our week learning about superheroes we will look at local heroes in our community.
- As part of learning about Christmas we will look at how people have different beliefs and celebrate special times in different ways.